Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

How do you feel about that?

I pictured the end of grad school being me working like a mad lady until the very last second. There I go proving my self wrong again. I finished my last paper yesterday afternoon. Early evening I guess. I have my last class ever tonight. Ever. That is so scary. I don't really want to say good-bye to some of these people who I have just started to get to know. When I think about graduation I think about how proud I am, and how scared I am, and when I'm thinking I am almost always on the verge of tears. Although, in our good-bye for last nights class, I find that when talking about grad school words block my emotions. Maybe it's a defense. Maybe it's because I've ended up in a good place and have dealt with a lot that came up. Maybe it's because my last kick into the world was only 5 years ago so I remember what it's like. I have my last supervision today so I baked some stuff for my supervisor, got her a book, and after I take a shower will go get her a thank you card. The rest of the week will be spent terminating with clients and closing or passing on files. I want to write more but all I'm really doing is staring off into space a feeling, and I can't put much word into that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

It's exciting, too, though, right?? I am so proud of you! Also- terminating your clients sounds scary. :) Remind me not to mess with you.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

it IS exciting. I think it just hasn't sunk in yet since I finish this week, start a job Monday and then graduate a week later. Weirdness. Yeah, I wish I could think of a better word than terminating my clients...discharging? That just sounds gross though. :o)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adventure awaits you! There will be a beginning after this end. It's true that life is a journey...

I'm enormously proud of you!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home