Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Big Spoon

I went to the pool with an ex-boyfriend from college today. He introduced me to the concept of "big spoon." He didn't have this terminology when we were dating, and I found it completely hilarious, yet the correct phrasing. Big spoon is the person in the back of the spoon - the big spoon. You have to engulf the little spoon to be the big spoon. He told me that my arms weren't long enough to make me a good "big spoon." Either this was a way to get free cuddles, or just a demonstration of spooning terminology. I think I'll add the term to my vocabulary though.

8 Comments:

Blogger tami said...

I read this and the first thing that came to mind was "Spoon!".

I dunno. Blame the drugs. :)

Good start, and I'll be back.

tami

10:24 AM  
Blogger chittyimpersonator said...

some men interpret spooning as "you're not getting any tonight". "Just cuddle with me honey" "Oh I love you so much"

personally, i love the way it feels, so sometimes i don't give a crap about not getting any, if you can believe that.

Sincerely,

Chitty Impersonator

11:51 PM  
Blogger Ashlee said...

it does feel amazing.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My ex-boyfriend (not this one, the most recent one) used spooning to mean the opposite chitty - he called it "aggressive spooning." So if I wanted to get cuddled I knew he was going to try to do other things.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sugar and Spice said...

I think most guys would agree with the aggressive spooning definition. There's never just cuddling. (o:

1:37 PM  
Blogger misty said...

So were you cuddling with this ex-boyfriend??

3:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

not really. I tried to show him that I was a good big spoon and then he demonstrated his version of big spoon. No prolonged spooning demonstrations :o)

3:29 PM  
Blogger chitty impersonator said...

sometimes aggressive spooning works. I've learned it does more harm in the end. I mean, if any chick feels like she's getting suckered into it, and at the last minute decides to do it for "him", correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it just build up resentment?

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home