Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

WAR on Breast Cancer

Click HERE to donate

Barbara and I (The Mooshies) are racing in the Women's Race this September. Last year, I have to say, this pretty much kicked my ass, but we still came in at the middle of the pack with the time of an hour and 57 minutes. If Barbara hadn't been there to keep me moving I might have stopped. Some things we had to do included running with our shoelaces clipped together and handcuffed. We had to carry a rubber chicken everywhere we went, and preform obstacles with it. We were super muddy because it rained during the race, and while we were doing the water portion I got Barbara's entire backside muddy (sitting behind her in our "boat") and I kept hitting her in the head with the oar. This year, we're going to have to either practice rowing or work on a "duck and row" system.

All of your donation will go to The Young Survival Coalition (YSC). YSC is the only international, non-profit network of breast cancer survivors and supporters dedicated to the concerns and issues that are unique to young women and breast cancer. Click on the link at the top of our post to go to our fundraising website to make a quick and secure donation. We appreciate ANY amount and thank you in advance for your support. You can go to the Women's Race website for more information, to register your own team, or to sign up to volunteer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home