Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Monday, March 17, 2008

If I had a bug like that I would make a coat out of him

This story makes me think of this post from Barbara's blog. Yesterday Adam and I were taking the Saffster on a walk and just off of Spicewood Springs Adam did a little bounce type thing onto the sidewalk by the drainage slot in the curb. I thought maybe he tripped, but then he pointed at something on the curb. Something the size of my hand and hairy. With legs the size of my fingers. The thing was a freakin' tarantula!! Right on the curb. Just sitting there!! I wonder if it was wild or maybe an escapee pet. I wonder what it eats and if might ever wander as far as my apartment. I wonder where all it can come out of when it goes back down into the sewer drainage on the side of the road. Are tarantulas wild in this part of Texas? Surely not...surely...

5 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

is the picture in your post of the actual spider you saw??

4:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

nah - our spider seemed a little bigger and darker. If only I had my phone on me I could have taken a picture! I swear it was the size of my hand...creepy

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just so you know, I will from now on be sleeping with one eye open when I stay at your apartment!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Lady J said...

There was one that big on the stairs to our apartment building one day. I was so freaked out I walked to the other side to use the other stairs. CREEPY!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger B said...

Someone sure is going to be sad that their coat got away.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home