Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An oldie but a goodie

Last night I baked some good ol' chocolate chip cookies for a co-worker's birthday. I used this recipe from allrecipes.com. It was easy enough to make, but the cookies seemed more cake-like than I usually enjoy in a cookie. Everyone at work said they were great, but I don't think they are my favorite cookie.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

6 Comments:

Blogger Something's Gotta Give said...

Mmmmm, cookies....

The tomato soup wasn't quite as good as I hoped, but I'm going to change it up next time and make it better. (o: I did make vegetarian chili tonight and it was sooo good.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

They were delicious!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lady J said...

chocolate chip cookies are always good! do you remember the Famous Amos recipe we used to make? yum!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Misty B. said...

When you say "cake like" do you mean soft? Cause I loooove soft cookies, so this might be my recipe!

12:08 AM  
Blogger CoffellC said...

I like soft cookies! Can I expect you to bring some up for Easter dinner?!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, the cookies were soft, but I don't know that I've ever made a hard cookie. It was cakelike...less cookie like. If you mean soft like the sugar cookies at HEB - not quite like that. Like cake though. And yes, I do remember the Famous Amos cookies...where'd that recipe get off to? I'm not bringing them to Easter and Sara...I want those recipes!!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home