Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Monday, November 06, 2006

How to take over the world, or Texas at least

You all know that the really really smart people are supposedly in the NE right? And those also happen to be all of the blue states where Democrats reign supreme. Well, I'm starting to think that maybe Texans are just as dumb as our stereotypes have us. OK, well at least as dumb as the President makes us look. I hate to say it, but it seems that there's a plan that is working for the Republicans. It's OBVIOUS that the majority of people don't want Perry to be Governor. Obvious. So WHY does he keep winning? Oh, because we keep splitting up all the smart votes. We've got 3 people running who aren't Republicans. I think this happens every year. If two of them would step-off we might be able to finally get Governor Good Hair out of office. Maybe he's trying to be funny cause in one of his commercials he is standing on a cliff (mountain) wearing a brown cattle rancher (cowboy) jacket and it all just makes me think...Brokeback Mountain. But maybe that's the subliminal message since all (ok, ok...many) Republicans appear to be suppressed gay men who have these secret lives being dirty old men. Remember how Perry supposedly had that affair with his Secretary of State? Who happens to be a man.! Maybe it's his ploy to get gay people to vote for him. Maybe Kinky and Grandma are really paid by the Republican party to divide up the smart people vote by 3. I have no idea, but it drives me insane. If they want to do something good for Texas they should just let one person run so we can get rid of Perry.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we agree on this, being in the good old houston suburbs I sometimes start to wonder if I am just surrounded by people who have no ability to think for themselves - but then I see your comment and have hope!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yes, never fear, there's still a couple smart people in Texas :o)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Something's Gotta Give said...

I don't like Perry, either. Carole Keeton Strayhorn (the grandma) is actually a Republican, but she's running as an Independent so that she wouldn't have to go up against Perry in the primaries and she would have a better chance of getting him out of office. I don't know why people keep voting for him. I think people forget that he was never actually elected in the first place-Bush became President and Perry automatically became governor. So people, you are voting for someone you probably didn't want as governor in the first place!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You're right, Strayhorn was a Republican. I think I'm counting everyone who isn't Rick Perry as possible votes for somebody that wouldn't be him. And who is the 1% voting for that really random 5th person?

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home