Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Things you might wish you had seen...

I bought some running tights so that I would have no reason to not go run. You know the whole, "it's too cold to run!" excuse? Right, so then I put it off a couple more days because I couldn't find my handy dandy cold weather, ear covering, headband. I finally found it yesterday. So this morning I had absolutely no reason to go. Saffy had even slept with me all night which always makes me sleep better. So, I went running. I was probably about 3/10 of a mile from home - very close. I was running along, when out of no where I bust and am on my ass. I have NO idea what happened, except one minute I was standing and the next I was on the ground. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I wasn't sticking around to figure out and jumped right up and kept running. The reason I was in such a rush you wonder? It was the actually the only point of my run when there were people around me. Not one person, but TWO. In front of me was this Asian lady who has been ignoring me since last January, and she pretended to not hear me hit the ground and yelp. Behind me was this guy who always walks his dog in the morning. The thing is, he always has this flashlight that he's waving all over the ground. In my head I always scoff, "what, does he think he going to trip on a rock or something?" which is exactly what I think happened to me. So not only was he probably laughing his ass off at me falling, but now he has justification for that stupid flashlight. And the whole reason for getting up at ass-thirty was to not see people - this is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to avoid. At least I didn't tear my pants.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow. That sucks. But on the bright side (as you mentioned) you didn't tear your new tights - would've added insult to injury :).

9:09 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yeah, it's dark. I run in the neighborhood where 5 out of 7 people have BMW's or Jag's...makes me slightly less nervous. Plus I bet I can outrun them. AND I bet all the bad people stay up late and sleep in rather than getting up at 5:40. Although those could all just be stereotypes of mine.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know when to plan my ambush! It would be helpful to know where you run as well. I've seen baseball caps with flashlights on them...shall I put one on your Christmas list?!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

ha ha ha....i am NOT wearing a baseball cap with a flashlight on it.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home