Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

On Madness

I've been feeling a little crazy lately. All this time I spend trying to keep others sane (that's mostly school and internship, but I'd like to think that my help at work keeps the managers sane) is starting to make me do the semesterly spiral into madness. You know, the part where all the papers are due, but you still have to go to class like regular, and it just happens to be that at the same time you start getting more hours at work and find yourself with a boyfriend. I need to learn to not sleep. Unfortunately for me I've found no mix of caffeine that keeps me from being tired. So, in the honor of madness I found some quotes to share with everyone that spoke (no, I'm not hearing voices) to me.

It
is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~Krishnamurti


Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting. ~John Russell


I don't really trust a sane person. ~Lyle Alzado

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. ~Rita Mae Brown


Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence. ~Henrik Tikkanen


Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives ~ William Dement


Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination ~Mark Twain


When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane. ~Hermann Hesse


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathe...in...breathe...out...

Do I sound like a broken record?!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

you've been telling me that for my whole life ;o)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Misty B. said...

Well, as you know from my emails today, I'm feeling your pain.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home