Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Saffy!

In addition to yesterday being Easter it was a special little lady's birthday. Saffy turned 4 so she is our age in dog years. To celebrate I baked her a cake in cupcake format so I could share with her friends. The recipe is below, and since it is all stuff I would eat I tasted it and it wasn't bad. I didn't make any frosting like they suggest. She seems to like them so if you want to make your own doggie cupcakes here's an easy recipe.

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg


Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

4 Comments:

Blogger Something's Gotta Give said...

Happy Birthday Saffy!!! She's come along way from 3 years ago. (o:

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lady J said...

Happy Birthday Saffy! I didn't get you a present but next time I see you, you can lick my toes! Devon's too, but that would probably be nasty...

7:01 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Beau loves hie cupcake and he says "Happy Birthday Saffy and Thank you Auntie Stephie!"

12:43 PM  
Blogger CoffellC said...

Tell my grand-dog that I have a belated birthday gift for her!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home