Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Monday, April 14, 2008

J-O-B

As many of you may know I have accepted a new position. My last day at ACS will be April 25th and after that I will begin the life of a therapeutic house parent at a residential treatment center for girls. The set-up is a cottage with about 9 girls that I'll live at for most of the week. My dog can live there too or she'll stay with Adam. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, but the benefits and learning opportunity are great. Another plus is that I hear that I'll lose a lot of weight because I'll be so busy. Yay. I stopped by to visit the other day and the girls were hanging out outside and they had baked brownies for the staff and were painting nails. I had my nails painted red by a talented young lady. When I was leaving they were off to get sno cones. It sounds like something I wouldn't mind getting paid for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! You're totally going to be my go-to when I need to know how to handle kids :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lady J said...

congrats on the new job! It does sound like fun, and I bet you'll be a great influence/inspiration to the girls. Just don't teach them how to pluck eyebrows ;-)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home