Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Proof I have Alzheimer's

I found this list below at this website, and I think I pretty much have all of these.

The seven warning signs of Alzheimer's disease are:
1. Asking the same question over and over again.
Yup, I do this all the time.
2. Repeating the same story, word for word, again and again.
Do this one too.
3. Forgetting how to cook, or how to make repairs, or how to play cards - activities that were previously done with ease and regularity.
I always forget how to play cards, and cooking... maybe it's not forgetting as much as never really knowing.
4. Losing one's ability to pay bills or balance one's checkbook.
OK, I didn't lose the ability, I just forget sometimes.
5. Getting lost in familiar surroundings, or misplacing household objects.
Barbara can tell you that I do this - I'm driving and I'm suddenly like "where are we?" and we're on Parmer or something.
6. Neglecting to bathe, or wearing the same clothes over and over again, while insisting that they have taken a bath or that their clothes are still clean.
OK, I don't insist my clothes are clean if they aren't, but sometimes I neglect to bathe.
7. Relying on someone else, such as a spouse, to make decisions or answer questions they previously would have handled themselves.
Hmm...I think I do this one too a lot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph, I hope you don't already have alzheimer's. I think you would be the first 25-year old ever to develop that disease!!! I think you just have some eccentric tendencies and that's nothing to be ashamed of!! Your quirks keep me so entertained!!! - Sarah

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home