Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reciprocity is the new black

I’m sitting here eating raisins pondering humanity on another slow Wednesday afternoon. My first pondering is this: why do we all have blogs if no one ever comments? I feel like it should be reciprocal so I try to comment when I can think of something witty or when my work internet doesn’t just vanish my comment into thin air. Danielle comments a lot, which I appreciate. Sometimes people email me with blog comments. But it’s sort of like, if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it does it make a noise? If you write something and no one comments was it just blathering insanity that everyone rolled their eyes at and clicked onto the next link? Do you know me better for reading my blog? Maybe I’m just too boring? Even when I ask if you guys would still be my friends if (fill in the blank) happened, no one comments to say yes, which is slightly un-nerving. Maybe I'm too high maintenance or maybe you're phasing me out? Am I invisible? I’m hopping around waving my hands in the air right now – do you see me? OK, I’m still eating raisins, not hopping around, but you get the idea. :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Ahh- I see Operation Stephanie Phase Out is nearly complete. Excellent (tapping fingers together menacingly). No really- I usually don't comment because I have lots of typos and I don't proofread. Then if you post a typo, you either have to leave it and look dumb or delete it and look like a weirdo. Not the best options in the world.

5:14 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

i think about this too...especially when nobody comments on several posts in a row. i know that i'm boring sometimes, so i usually let it slip. but it's uberdissapointing when you really like what you wrote and it seems like nobody notices.

and to answer your question, yes i have gotten to know you better via your blog. esp. since we didn't hang out all the time while in school and i live thousands of miles away.

also, if people e-mail me with comments, i'll be damned if that tree is silent. i post them on my blog myself!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay! I'm not invisible tree in the forest! :o) Unless Barbara of course is doing a cover-up for Operation Stephanie Phase Out since I caught on too fast....

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay...I usually read your posts weeks later. I'm a bad momma not to keep up. I'm usually chuckling when I finally do catch up on your posts. Do you really want your friends to see the responses from "momma?"

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home