Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Google

I love Google and use it religiously about 25 times a day, but I have a complaint. WHY is it that when you misspell something, they put “did you mean ….” and spell it correctly? They also do the search for the word spelled correctly. I mean, if they know what you mean why are they asking you? And what if you don’t mean that? There’s no “NO!” button. Go try it – yesterday I tried Carraba’s, and they found Carrabbas, but put “did you mean Carrabbas?” Obviously it doesn’t matter if I did or not Google, because that’s the first link you gave me. I’m glad they correct my spelling, and I’m glad they read my mind, but at the same time it’s a little snotty to put the “did you mean…” at the top. It could be “or ….?” I’m sorry we’re all idiots Google, but you could be nice about it at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home