Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Tradition...start one of your own

Tradition…start one of your own. I used to have a cheerleading t-shirt that said that in high school. We didn’t really start many traditions back then, but I think my little group of friends now is pretty good at starting traditions. This past weekend we had the first annual Friendsgiving, where we do Thanksgiving potluck style and give thanks for our wonderful friends. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Sister Schubert’s rolls, two green bean dishes (one with brussel sprouts), yams, homemade cranberry sauce, wine, and I hope I’m not forgetting anything. We finished off with pumpkin pie and the best freaking ever chocolate pecan pie. It was a really great time. We follow that with our Secret Santa and New Years Eve traditions. Traditions are pretty common now a days. And, it’s nice to have something that will stay the same no matter what changes, because there is a lot changing in our lives at this age. Whether it’s, boys, school, jobs, or dogs (which changes for Sarah about every week now) – we all have a lot going on that leads me to believe our lives will all turn out very differently than they are now. I just give thanks for what I have, and for all the people that have and will help me become what I will.

I’m leaving Tuesday night to go home for Thanksgiving, and then am moving on Saturday, so when you hear from me next there will be more newness. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home