Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Drop Dead

I haven't written a blog in a while. Does that mean I'm just too busy? No. Just too boring? Maybe. So today as I sit here and ponder life while crunching on baby carrots I decided to write something. Anything. I was going to write a blog about how all of my friends should chip-in and get a car to share for group trips and stuff. That was inspired by my car actually being in the shop and me having to bum rides for 2 days. To highlight it, Barbara took me to work, my sister took me home, Jay took me to work the next day (at 6:50 AM!) and then Nicole took me to the doctor, picked me up from the doctor (she's so nice!) and dropped me off at the car shop. So, 5 rides and $84 later the car still isn't done being fixed. I've got to take it in Friday, but I have the day off so I can sit and wait while she sees the doctor. Besides that, I have finals this week. One final presentation down and one essay final to go. I haven't studied for it, but - oh well. The teacher didn't really teach it either so I figure we're about even. I'm stressed out and all scatter brained because well, with the car being sick and impending joblessness I worry about money, and then I'm worried about school. I guess when I get stressed out I hold it in and it makes my back hurt. I keep trying to get Saffy to walk around on it like a mini-massage but she just stands there like she's Queen of the Hill (which she is) and tells me I have to pay her 60 dogbones an hour for a massage. Anyhow, to sum it all up, at work we have what we call a "drop dead date" which is basically the last day before the project is due to be completely done. If you aren't done by deadline legend has it that you drop dead. We've never seen it happen since we always make our deadline. If life had a drop dead date for the ultimate last day of stress that I could deal with it would be today. So if I'm dead tomorrow you'll know that I didn't make the deadline.

3 Comments:

Blogger Something's Gotta Give said...

You look pretty crazed in that picture. I think you need a break. Give Saffy those 60 dogbones, you need a massage!

Poor car! I hope it's fixed soon. Those dealership people are crazy. It took them like 3 days to give my car back. BOO.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

ha ha ha...that picture comment made me laugh out loud. OK, I'll see if I can scrape together 60 dogbones, but she better be worth it! :o)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

breathe...slowly...in through the nose...gently...out through the mouth

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home