Stuff from Stephers

I used to share a blog with Melissa, but she's been MIA for a few months, so I made it all mine! Random thoughts on my every day life to bore you with.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Save me!

Chivalry is....dead? No, but I used to wish it was. I hated that guys would hold open doors or let me off the elevator first because I was a girl. As if I'd get trapped in the elevator if the guy didn't let me go out the door first or something. I have realized though that there's a difference in the random elevator guy and a boyfriend holding a door open. A boyfriend does it (I hope) because he cares about you, while the random guy just feels obligated. Random men - you are not obligated to me! I think it's sweet to have a door opened or your ice cream paid for by your beau - especially a new guy who should be trying to impress you. I mean, I don't NEED to be taken care - I'm getting my masters to ensure that I will always be able to take care of myself, but the fact is that I like it when a guy WANTS to take care of me. That's totally different. Intention and action are different. If you're trying to date me and you don't even seem like you care if a door slams in my face or I get lost walking around a salsa festival then you aren't really the guy for me. Because I'm curious and I wander. I guess I'm probably a lot like my dog. She doesn't care if I buy her fancy Natural Balance food or the Nutro desserts or the fancy $15 treats - she likes it, but she really just wants to be scratched, walked, loved, and played with. Really, I'm sort of the same. If you surprise me every now and then with a Snickers bar I'd be excited - I don't need a Ferrari or something. If you want to spend time with me doing silly things or even something like running I'd love it. I really don't care as long as I get that you care. When you take those personality tests I'm the person that wants to take care of people and help people, and while that's great it doesn't mean that I don't want to feel like there's some special guy out there watching out for me and making sure that I get a hug every now and then too. The only guy who's saved me lately is the guy at AutoZone today who put in my new headlight bulb for me!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding a door open is a courtesy that anyone can offer.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Auto Zone guy! I'll sing a beer commercial just for you! You are a hero!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home